Friday, February 4, 2011

My Heart is Like a Zoo

My Heart Is Like a ZooMy Heart Is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a book that can be used to teach similes as well as just enjoy. I loved the way the artist used all hearts to create animals. I immediately wanted to try creating some of them myself.

You would need to have paper in a variety of colors, or better use a computer and make the images filling in colors and layering the hearts.

Here is what Horn Book had to say:
Horn Book (Fall 2010)

"My heart is like a zoo-- / eager as a beaver, / steady as a yak, / hopeful as a hungry heron fishing for a snack..." In this charming ode to the heart, Hall presents a series of crisp, silliness-spiked rhymes paired with digitally rendered illustrations that employ heart shapes to create the twenty featured animals.


This may not be the best book for our list but definitely worth taking a look at and using with students.
What do you think?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment