Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 8- Cloud Computing

Collaborating with others on a single project.
Choose a project, invite at least ONE "23 things" friend and ONE work colleague to use a tool with you.

* Alternatives for Word documents: Google docs, Zoho docs, Buzzword
* To use for presentations: Zoho show, Google presentation
* For wikis: Wikispaces
* For websites: Wetpaint, Weebly
* Some online calendars: Google

Fortunately I have already done some of these things. I have a wiki and am working with others through that. I use google docs to collaborate on projects. I also use goodreads.com to have groups work together virtually on committees and projects with books and reviews.

I just never knew it was called cloud computing.

I am guessing that my circulation sytem is a cloud computing system since it is run via the internet and works for me from any internet connection.

So I think I am good to go on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment