Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L Swanson

Chasing Lincoln's Killer

Great book. This book really fit in nicely with two other books I just finished My Last Skirt: The Story of Jennie Hodgers, Union Soldier by Lynda Durrant and also Undersiege by Andrea Warren. I enjoyed how they seemed to dovetail together creating a better picture for me of events during the Civil war and after. I would highly recommend this tile. It reads as a nonfiction rather than a story. My Last Skirt read as a novel but Undersiege and Chasing Lincoln's Killer were finely researched and written to bring life to the events. I think students will enjoy them. I also think they would make good read alouds for a history class. The photos of actual people and items is a huge bonus for readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment